Conduit fittings are small devices used to connect cable conduits together or to attach them to other devices like electrical boxes, enclosures or electrical devices. Cable conduits and cable conduit systems are tubes used to protect and route electrical cable and wiring. Conduit fittings vary from adaptors and couplings to locknuts and grommets, with plenty of other fittings falling under this category. RS have curated a varied range from many leading brands, including Adaptaflex, Flexicon, Kopex, PMA, and our own RS Pro.
Conduit fitting features and applications
Conduit fittings are made from strong, durable materials and finishes like stainless steel, galvanised steel, nylon, rubber, PVC and brass. Hard-wearing and long-lasting, they're ideal for when you need to run cables and wire underground, through walls or for cable protection when cables are run out in the open.
Conduit fittings are used in all residential and commercial establishments, especially for wiring and cable that is exposed, or fitted outdoors. Choosing a suitable fitting is important in providing additional cable protection especially electrical cable within a conduit. The industry recognised IP rating, like IP65, is important in matching a fitting with a conduit providing security with your complete conduit system.
Types of conduit fittings
Conduit fittings are available in a range of mm sizes, depending on the size of your cable conduit. You can also select from a variety of fitting types including:
- Curved and elbow connectors to tackle changes in the direction of a conduit
- Straight couplings for securely linking together lengths of conduit
- Bushings which are installed on the inside of the boxes and threaded into the conduit end
- Adaptors for connecting and fitting conduits, cables and wires
- Threaded fittings, couplers, gaskets, flanges, clamps, locknuts, spacers, inspection fittings are a small range of the many conduit fittings available